Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Boy, Have I Deceived Myself

*1 John 1: 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 

This passage gives me lots of room to contemplate some of the things I do. There are so many times I have said hateful or rude things to others, feeling fully justified by the actions of the other person. Then, in years past, I used to eat over it for days and days rather than be honest with myself.

The thing is, when I turn these situations over to Christ's capable hands, I realize that I have been deceiving myself. No amount of rudeness deserves rudeness in return. Feeling justified by my actions is just Satan's trying to convince me that less than Christian behavior is acceptable, but it isn't. 

Once I pray about these situations and turn them over to Christ's hands, I am less apt to respond with less than desirable behavior. The big thing is for me to start turning it over before I open my mouth, not after. Although it's not impossible, it's much more difficult to pick up the pieces after letting less than positive remarks come out of my mouth. 

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: