Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Calling All Over Eaters Past and Present

Luke 5: 31 And Jesus answering said unto them, they that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. 32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

I know when I was at my heaviest, I used to feel so worthless. I felt undeserving of Christ's grace, because I was so weak and had turned to food and showed no restraint. I felt like a horrible example of a Christian, which probably led to me acting that way, as well. 

When I was withdrawing from family, friends, and Christ, I wasn't allowing Him to positively impact my life. My heart was filled with self-loathing which left little room for Christ, although I went through the motions. 

What I've found out from Christ's healing my overeating and keeping the majority of the weight off for over 30 years, is that my body size had nothing to do with it. My excess weight is what I let get in the way of my relationship with my Savior. Once I started turning more of my life, my stress, my vices, my fear over into Christ's very capable hands, He showed me that He loved me just the way I am at any weight. The more I felt His love in my life, the more I was able to let go of the vices which worked a wedge in my relationship with my Savior. 

So, I'm here today Calling All Over Eaters Past and Present. Christ wants a personal relationship with you whether you are thin or heavy, used to be thin or think you never will be. He's there to positively impact your lives and fill your heart with His love and assurance, so you never have to look for it elsewhere!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: