Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Open My Eyes to What's Going on and Pray-Not Just Going Through the Motions

Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. Through God we shall do valiantly: for He it is that shall tread down our enemies. Psalm 108:12-13

I don't weigh on scales, except for once or twice a year or when I go to the doctor's office. God showed me that I let the scales tell me who I am and how I should feel about myself for too many years. Now, I use how my pants fit and/or how my sleeves fit. That tends to be a more accurate indicator of how in-tuned I am with turning my food, my emotions, and my eating over to my Heavenly Savior.

Well, for the last couple of months, both my pants and my sleeves have been pretty snug on me. I seemed to find a way to ignore it, but not today. I was barely able to close the clasp on my pants today, so I can no longer put my relationship with God on a back burner. I'm not sure if it's that I'm rambling through my prayers to Him, turning my food, body, eating, and stress over to His capable hands or whether I'm forgetting to turn them over at all.

  God's letting me know that I need to open my eyes to what's going on and pray- not just going through the motions. I don't want to take the miracle He's done in my life for granted and certainly don't want to fall back into old eating patterns again. As a forgiving God, He will bring me back into a closer relationship if I ask Him. That's what I need to do now!!!! Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. Through God we shall do valiantly: for He it is that shall tread down our enemies. Psalm 108:12-13

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: