Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Always Wanting More

A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked. Psalm 37:16

This is sure timely. This passage makes me think of all the things I have, but it seems that I always want more. Unfortunately, that holds true for food, as well. I can't tell you how many times I've been at a restaurant and I scour the menu looking for the best food that sounds like it also includes the most food. An example would be that I might pick the meal with two grill pork chops, because it sounds like more when they aren't a ten for me. Instead, I might not have eaten the meatloaf, which is a ten, because I don't think they will serve me very much.

When I get so caught up in food, it's just as bad a vice as wanting more possessions. The thing about possessions is that they can start to possess you, your thoughts, and goals. I truly don't want to be possessed by food or possessions, so I have to periodically turn these over to Christ's very capable hands when I notice they are becoming an issue. 

Do I have to wait this long? Actually, that's what came to mind when I finished typing the previous line. No! I need to be turning the desire for food and possessions over to God on a daily basis rather than waiting until I get in over my head. A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked. Psalm 37:16


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: