Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Do I Love?

Set your affection on the things above, not on things on the earth. Colossians 3:2

What do I love? Well, I love my family. I love my friends. I love things that make me happy and I love the Lord. This is a terrible list! I notice that my love of Christ is listed last. When I started writing this, I thought this post was going to be about how I have loved food all too much in my life and it became a false god in my life where I turned to food instead of to God in times of stress, boredom, etc.

This list has me baffled! I feel like Christ is first and foremost in my life, but that's not what I put. I'm so ashamed! I have turned my back on my Lord, but He never turns His back on me. Christ loved me when I was heavy, lonely, afraid, and distraught. He never turns His back on me.

Is it that when things are going well, I put God on the back burner just in case I need something, while I enjoy all the worldly blessings I have. I would hate that Satan would use my family to work a wedge in my relationship with Christ.  I would hate that Satan could use my friends to work a wedge in my relationship with Christ. I would hate that I would allow things that give me immediate pleasure to work a wedge in my relationship with my Lord and Savior, but I have.  

I feel so torn right now, frustrated and somewhat joyful at the same time. I feel really frustrated with my list and with my Christian priorities. The joyful part has to do with God's showing me what I'm doing. He's showing me how worldly priorities are sneaking in there and are affecting my relationship with Him.  Additionally, the joyful part comes from knowing that Christ cares enough about me and my relationship with Him that He has shows me what I'm doing, so I can immediately pray and put my priorities back into my Savior's hands.  Set your affection on the things above, not on things on the earth. Colossians 3:2

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: