Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Am I Being a Role Model of Healthy Eating?

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. Matthew 6:31-32

That's a really good question. I wish I could say that I always am, but I recently wrote a post about how I talked myself into craving a five inch meringue pie while talking to a relative. That wasn't being the best example.

During the summer when I wanted special outings with the grandkids, I would take them for an ice cream or a shaved ice. I don't really want them to learn that special occasions revolve around food the way I did while I was growing up.

Although I started with best intentions to only feed my grandkids healthy snacks, it has morphed into something like, "You can have your slice of pie after you eat your apples and peanut butter."

I want to be a good role model to the younger generations in the family. I want them to have balanced blood sugar and to teach them that life doesn't revolve around things that are sweet and tempting. I really have to be more prayerful about this, because God knows our needs and it really isn't sugar. Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. Matthew 6:31-32

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: