Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Heard This Little Scrawny Child Say He Was Too Fat

And Jesus said unto the Centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour. Matthew 8:13

What is the media doing to children when you can hear a little scrawny child say he was too fat? How do we counter the effects of the media on children? It seems that they are bombarded by it on all sides and they seem to pick up on subtle messages in advertising that I am oblivious to.

What do we do to bolster the self-esteem of youth, so that they don't determine their self-worth by their clothing size? What do we do make sure that kids don't internalize adult conversations they over hear? I wish I had all the answers.

I found this video on You Tube that shows some of the impact that the media has on the self-perception of youth. If only we could have the youth of today and tomorrow focus on the the truths at the end of this enlightening video. This is definitely something worth continuing to be prayerful about. And Jesus said unto the Centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour. Matthew 8:13

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: