Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Eating in Panic Mode!

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

I sat down to eat my healthy dinner, but decided to eat in front of the television while I watched the news. While I watched, I saw the horrific event of late when multiple attacks happened in Paris. I was glued to the screen as I anxiously woofed down my food.

Then, I went to look for something else. I needed something more! I found the last quarter of a bag of low fat popcorn and decided that would work. As I watched with my eyes glued to the screen as you hear of the devastation that these terror attacks caused, I downed the rest of the popcorn in minutes. I looked at the crumbles in the bottom of the bag and realized I would have to get another bag or stop. I was torn, because I really wanted to get another bag, but remembered a recent post about when I ate the other three quarters of the popcorn bag and had to turn my eating over to God.

This made me pause. In that ever so brief pause, I prayed over and over again asking for God to heal the gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach and He did. I sat there in bewilderment prayerfully trying to figure out what had just happened. God gave me the feelings that when I saw all the terrorist attacks on television, it brought me back to the 911 attacks on the Twin Towers and how devastated and helpless we all felt. I hadn't realized that was what was going on, but God did. He always sees the BIG PICTURE. Fortunately for me, He calmed my craving more and more, because eating wouldn't calm the gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach, only Christ could. I pray for God's healing touch for all those who have been affected by these or other terrorist attacks throughout the world. Debbie Seiling




Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: