Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Low Blood Sugar in Hawaii

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10

What a place to have low blood sugar. My body clock was all off with the change in time. I was eating at strange times and my food choices were inconsistent, at best. I thought I was doing fine, but found that I was irritable with my family over little issues. That's usually a sign that my blood sugar level is really off. I'm fortunate that I don't have to stick myself in order to know that. Usually, I can tell from my behavior, tears, or lack of patience.

Having Hawaiian Shaved Ice didn't help things one bit, although I really enjoyed it. The sugar spikes give me an almost euphoric feeling, but it affects my moods. Once I was aware of my being irritable with my family, I prayed, turning it and the temptations to eat sweet foods over to God who heals me, even when I'm oblivious to needing healing.

Then, I went from one extreme to another. Trying to stay away from sugar, which throws my Hypoglycemic system for a loop, I tried to make sure I was eating healthy food. I remember being in a restaurant and it had been too long since my last meal. It seemed to be a painstaking effort to try to find something healthy to eat that I could select. It's not that there wasn't anything healthy on the menu, but more that none of the things on the menu appealed to me. I didn't feel at all hungry and it took forever for me to finally order, but a half an hour or so after I ate, my body and mood stabilized. Fortunately, God took care of this issue in spite of my resistance. I am very blessed. Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10 

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: