Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Running into Brick Walls...

Psalms 3: 4 I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and He heard me out of His holy hill. Selah. 5 I laid me down and slept: I awakened; for the Lord sustained me.

There have been many times that God has gotten me through insurmountable odds, when I didn't know what to do. I tried eating, I tried to develop a plan, I tried talking to my friends about these issues, to no avail. Actually, all of these just complicated things and made me so confused that I didn't know what to do.

I remember crying myself to sleep as I prayed to God for some answer to these issues, only to wake up the next morning with a calm feeling, knowing God had me in His very capable hands. Sometimes, He's even had me wake up with a specific plan of action in my mind that I had never thought of before.

Since I know how God's gotten me through situations of this nature in the past, you'd think that I would immediately turn to Him when situations arise. Unfortunately, that's not always the case. Sometimes, I get too prideful trying to resolve situations myself, turning to God only as a last resort. You would think I would know better. He doesn't want to see me suffer through things alone, running into brick walls.

Fortunately, God never gives up on me and He hears and comforts me. I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and He heard me out of His holy hill. Selah. 5 I laid me down and slept: I awakened; for the Lord sustained me. Psalms 3: 4

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: