Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Maybe God Wants to Use Us Just the Way We Are


2 Corinthians 13: 8 For this thing I [Paul] besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I don't know how many of you have perfectionistic tendencies, but I've been known to have some, although I often elude myself into thinking I don't. I can't tell you how many times I've started to write a letter to someone, start a page on a project, etc. and made a stray line across the paper, only to start it all over again. Now, that wouldn't be too bad if it were for a finished product for work, but I find myself doing this over things much less important.

I think I carry these perfectionistic tendencies over to my eating, as well. All too often, I find that I am chastising myself, because my eating was less than stellar, nibbling on something not on my food program. Not only is being overly critical of ourselves counterproductive, because it hurts having a healthy self-esteem, but I don't think that's what God wants of us, either. Maybe, God wants to use us just the way we are. Maybe, He wants us to learn about turning our food, our stress, and our lives over to Him, but this will happen in God's timing. I need to remember: "My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how God has positively influenced my overeating, this does not necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse.


Food Combining Video
by: yelkaim1

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling 



Please put your healthy tips, comments, recipes, joys, and prayers under comments.

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives