Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Maybe God Wants to Use Us Just the Way We Are


2 Corinthians 13: 8 For this thing I [Paul] besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And He said unto me, "My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I don't know how many of you have perfectionistic tendencies, but I've been known to have some, although I often elude myself into thinking I don't. I can't tell you how many times I've started to write a letter to someone, start a page on a project, etc. and made a stray line across the paper, only to start it all over again. Now, that wouldn't be too bad if it were for a finished product for work, but I find myself doing this over things much less important.

I think I carry these perfectionistic tendencies over to my eating, as well. All too often, I find that I am chastising myself, because my eating was less than stellar, nibbling on something not on my food program. Not only is being overly critical of ourselves counterproductive, because it hurts having a healthy self-esteem, but I don't think that's what God wants of us, either. Maybe, God wants to use us just the way we are. Maybe, He wants us to learn about turning our food, our stress, and our lives over to Him, but this will happen in God's timing. I need to remember: "My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: