Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

At Least, I'm Nice...

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of Thine hands: Hebrews 1:10

I had so many different things I hid behind.  My being overweight was one of them. When I was at my heaviest, I used to not join in activities with other adults at my children's school. I figured that they wouldn't like me because I was overweight. So, I never even tried to get to know them on any level other than superficial hi's and bye's. I used to think that the other thin mothers were too involved in worldly things, but at least, I'm nice.

One day, one of the most attractive mothers of a student in my daughter's class approached me. I couldn't believe it and was suspicious of her motives.  How could someone that looked like a model want to be my friend? I figured that she was getting to know me, so that she could ask me to watch her child some time. You know what? She never did that. She just wanted to be friends. It turns out that people who look like models, sometimes, have difficulty making friends, as well.

When I ask God to heal my overeating and the control it has on my life, I sometimes doubt that I will ever be thin again. Then I remember that if God could create the whole world, He can surely take care of my overeating, that is, if I trust Him to. And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of Thine hands: Hebrews 1:10

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: