Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Let's Go Out to Eat because of this Special Occasion...

O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt Thee, I will praise Thy name; for Thou hast done wonderful things; Thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. Isaiah 25:1

Let's go out to eat because of this special occasion. Pick your favorite restaurant and let's celebrate! I've done this all too many times in my life. Over my lifetime, I've made celebrations around food. Let's go get some ice cream-this is a special treat.

What is that teaching my family? I'm teaching my family that food is more than what God has provided for us to nourish our bodies...it is a reward, as well. Do I want my kids picking up my old eating habits that had me end up with 80+ extra pounds? Pounds that undermined my self-respect and affected my relationships with my family and others.

Although I don't want them to fall into the vicious cycle of overeating that I had fallen in to, I still find myself celebrating around food. Even though I'm not still eating the sweets, I'm setting the foundation for the rest of my family to do so. I really need to be more prayerful about being a better example to the rest of my family.
We can walk to the park as a special treat, watch a movie, play a board game, read a book together, stay up later than usual, spend time with a friend, take a bubble bath...you get the idea.

What's more important is whether I am being an example of showing God my thanks for what He has done for me. That should be first and foremost, but unfortunately, it's usually something I do in private. I need to be a better example to my family. O Lord, thou art my God; I will exalt Thee, I will praise Thy name; for Thou hast done wonderful things; Thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. Isaiah 25:1

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: