Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Had no Remorse-Is that Good or Bad?

And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

I guess my blog post today is the complete opposite of the Bible passage I've just chosen. It was late, my husband was stuck in traffic, and I was hungry. It was a hunger that goes beyond food, but I wasn't aware of it at the time. I would later find out, when asking God why I responded this way, that I was concerned about situations that were beyond my control and I had to trust God to resolve things.

If I had turned to God first when I felt this strong hunger, I would have better understood what was causing it. Instead, I opened an extra large bag of organic low-fat, low-salt popcorn and ate every last bit of the bag. I want to say that I couldn't believe I did that, but I remember thinking that this was more than a one bread/starch portion of popcorn, but I didn't care. In the midst of nearing the bottom of the bag, I thought about how I used to weigh 50-60 pounds more than I currently weighed, but I still didn't care.

After I finished the whole bag of popcorn, I thought I'd feel remorse, but I didn't have any-which surprised me. I tried to decide whether that was good or whether it was bad, but I didn't really get a clear answer. I could say it was good, because I used to feel extremely guilty, like I broke the law when I overate, and this wasn't the case. I could say it's bad, because I had no feelings at all. I just plowed right through that bag intending to eat every single bite of it.

When I had my quiet time with God praying about this later in the evening, I never decided whether it was good or bad. I don't think God always wants us to find nice neat little labels for everything we do. I think He wanted me to focus on "what was eating me" instead of "what I was eating." Once God helped me realize what was going on, I tried to turn the situations out of my control over to God. Once again, He has blessed me and healed me, my heart, my soul, and my overeating. And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: