Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Falling Into the Same Pattern Again After All These Years

Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for Him hath God the Father sealed. John 6:27

I think that with all the lessons that Christ has taught me about my eating, I would no longer have to deal with the same issues, but I was wrong. One of the life-changing issues God showed me about my eating happened years ago when my daughter was sharing my apples with her friends. I later realized that I was not only not being a good example to my daughter who was sharing, I was letting food and weight loss become a false god in my life. It controlled how I felt about myself, how I interacted with my family, with God, and others.

A couple of weeks ago, my husband was giving our grandsons my apples. You should have seen the hair prickle on the back of my neck. How could he give away MY apples? Then, God who is infinitely merciful and patient with me had me remember the lesson some 30+ years ago about my response with sharing my apples back then.

How could I have fallen back into the same pattern again after all these years? Satan knows our weaknesses and fortunately for me, so does God, who reminded me before I got onto my husband about it. It also shows me that I'm more vulnerable to the wiles Satan dangles in front of me if I'm starting to fall prey to these again. I need to be extra vigilant about turning my food, body, eating, and stress over to God's very capable hands.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: