Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Will There Be Enough?

And He said unto His disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Luke 12:22-23

I remember the times where I used to spent days and nights fretting over how I was going to pay my bills, how I was going to buy enough food, and how my family and I were going to get by? I used to plan the next month’s budget over a month in advance. I would fret over it and change it this way, that way, and every which way in order to try to make sure there would be enough.

After years of this financial fretting, God had this passage weigh on my heart. I realized that when I’m plotting, planning, and fretting over these, I am not trusting God to provide for our needs. I was virtually saying, “God, I love you and all, but stand back and let me figure out a way to make sure there’s enough just in case you don’t provide it for us.” Well, that was an eye-opening experience to say the least! It definitely isn’t the message I want to be giving my Lord and Savior.

When I started putting my finances in very God’s capable hands, I fretted less. Our needs were met and more. It’s funny how we had enough food, our bills were paid, and I was less cranky due to less fretting over bills. This was shortly before God showed me that I needed to turn my food, my stress, and my life over to Him. As you know, He blessed me again by allowing an 80+ pound weight loss over 30 years ago. And He said unto His disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Luke 12:22-23

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: