Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Jesus Shows Compassion…How About Us?

Jesus wept. John11:35

When I usually read this, I think about it being the shortest verse of the Bible. Do I think of how significant these two words are? Not until today. I realized that this verse is showing what a compassionate person/Savior Christ is and He would want us to be the same way.

It’s easy for us to kiss the boo-boo of a little child, trying to comfort their tears away, but are we Compassionate Christians? Unfortunately, I know that all too often, I’m not. Do I hear of injustices that happen in our society and turn a blind eye, because I’m tired of hearing all that negative stuff? Do I take the risks to challenge the opinions of the norm to stand out against atrocities that happen in the world? Do I sit idly by as others comment on how the plight of many is due to their own inability to make good choices, to earn a decent pay check, to have good work ethic, and list goes on?

Do I treat others with the respect that they deserve? I know that when I was overweight, others would ignore my opinions and treat me like my feelings didn’t count because of my size. Do I treat others with that same respect even when they aren’t of the same faith, culture, financial situation, etc.? I wish I could say I always do, but probably haven’t more than I have. I strive to be a more Compassionate Christian and a better example of my faith in Christ. And He [Jesus] said, woe unto you also, ye lawyers! For ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers. Luke 11:46


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: