Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Wanting More Stuff

And He said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he posseseth. Luke 12:1

I am often overwhelmed with all the commercials for stuff like: the newest computer, newest phone, newest technology, most trendy clothes, most trendy shoes, etc. To top it off, it’s not just the adults, but kids are also wanting the newest version of phone, technology, clothes etc. as well.

It’s not just everyone else. I find myself driving by a garage sale wanting to stop to see what I can find and I have so much stuff that I haven’t room for more. I used to hoard food, but am I now hoarding things? This passage really makes me think about this and what type of legacy we are passing on to the younger generations.

It says in Mark 10:21 “Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.” This is that famous passage where the rich man turned away because he couldn’t part with his stuff. We don’t want to get so caught up in our possessions that we lose our focus on Christ. But he began to curse and to swear, saying that I know not this Man of whom ye speak. And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny Me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept. Mark 1:71-71

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: