Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Feeling Worthless

Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. Luke 12:6-7

I’m a member of an internet prayer chain. Many times, I’ve read requests for people who feel suicidal. Oh, how my heart aches for them. I know that when I was at my heaviest, I felt so alone until Jesus shared His healing grace with me and showed me that I was worthwhile and not worth giving up on regardless of what my weight was.

This passage makes me feel the same way for those who contemplate suicide. If God values the lives of five sparrows, you are much more valuable to Christ than that. You are valuable enough that Jesus gave His own life and rose again so that you would have salvation. That speaks loads! Would He do that for you if He thought your life was of little value?

I know things can be overwhelming at times, but we need to ask Christ for the willingness for Him to heal our pain and worries. That doesn’t mean you are going to have steak every night, the job or relationship you wanted, but it does mean that He’s right there by our side to get us through these times and to lead us to what He wants in our lives.

Don’t give up. Don’t give in, because that’s what Satan would like. He would like for your last action to ultimately tell Christ and everyone else that you don’t trust Him to get you through this difficult time and take the way that Satan dangles in front of you. You are of great value to Christ and are not to be given up on! Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. Luke 12:6-7

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: