Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Food Cravings That Won’t Let Go

They conceive mischief, and bring forth vanity, and their belly prepareth deceit. Job 15:35
I have no idea what this means. All I can address is what it made me think of. I mentioned a few posts ago about the caramel apples that kept calling my name. The first time, I gave into temptation. The second time, I prayed and God took those urges away from me. This is about the third time. I write these posts as they happen and schedule them to come out at a future date.

Anyway, I had done well not eating any more caramel apples, thanks to God.  It was Halloween and I had handed out candy all evening and hadn’t tried a single piece. Actually, it’s God who took that desire away. I don’t have the urge to eat candy any more, but used to help my children eat all the candy they had collected trick-or-treating. Somehow, I decided that I deserved another of the caramel apples, since I had done well resisting temptation. I think that’s where this passage comes in: They conceive mischief, and bring forth vanity, and their belly prepareth deceit. Job 15:35

Well, I wanted God’s blessings on my eating the caramel apple, so I prayed first asking Him if it was O.K. I didn’t get any strong feelings against eating it, so I opened up the caramel apple out of its hard plastic container from the store. I took one bite and thought that the apple burned my mouth, somewhat. That didn’t stop me. I took another bite and realized it really did burn. That’s a sign that the fruit had gone bad.

Did that stop me? No! I just decided to take another bite of caramel apple further away from the core, so that I could enjoy the nutty caramel exterior, but it still burned my mouth. I realized, thanks to God’s insight, that I was just playing games with this and had to give it up. Fortunately for me, God takes care of me even when I’m trying to fool myself into thinking things are good for me that aren’t. They conceive mischief, and bring forth vanity, and their belly prepareth deceit. Job 15:35

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: