Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What’s Best, Praying First or Opening Mouth and Inserting Foot?

A fool’s mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.  The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.  Proverbs, Chapter 18, verses 7-8.

You don’t know how many times I’ve opened my mouth before I prayed and asked God to guide my words and have lived to regret it. I could make a list a mile long, but that’s in the past and what I have is now.

Do I have to continue to say awkward and sometimes rude things to others, even though they weren’t my intention when I opened my mouth? This passage says no. I first tried it out with some job interviews. I prayed before I went in, asking for God to guide the things I said. Whether I got the job or not, when I came out from these interviews, I was so impressed with how God had the conversation flow smoothly. I was impressed with answers that God allowed me to give to questions I had never contemplated before. Most of all, I didn't feel so tense and awkward during the interview.

This worked so well each time I turned my interviews over to Christ’s very capable hands, that I started turning conversations with others over, as well. When I was going to interact with someone who tended to be negative, I would turn my conversation into God’s hands. When, I was angry or frustrated, I would turn my conversation over to God’s hands. When I was in a new or uncomfortable situation, I would turn my conversation over to God’s hands.

Not that I always remember to do it, but every time I take the time to turn my conversation over to God’s capable hands, I am less apt to say something I will regret later. A fool’s mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.  The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.  Proverbs, Chapter 18, verses 7-8.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: