Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Do Popeye and the Apostle Paul Have in Common?

For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 1 Corinthians 15:9-10

My husband’s favorite line from the movie, Popeye, is “I am what I am,” and he quotes it periodically. I never really paid much attention to it until I read it the other day and prayerfully pondered it.

In this passage, the Apostle Paul is saying that he isn’t worthy to be an apostle, because he used to persecute the church, but by God’s grace, his life was changed. God made Paul into one of His apostles to do His will through him.

Well, this passage brings lots of things to mind. I’m not worthy to be writing a blog about overeating, when so much of my life had been consumed by overeating or thinkng of eating. God has used my weakness to His glory and by that, I am very humbled.

It is God who gives me the ideas for the blog posts, but if there are any errors or shortcomings, they are truly mine. It is God who heals me through these posts and hopefully provides healing for those who are open to reading “The Message” He has within these posts.

I am a very sinful human being, but by the grace of God who works within me, Christ allows this sinful overeater and imperfect human being to do His will to touch the lives of others, because Christ can do the same for them, if they let Him For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 1 Corinthians 15:9-10

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: