Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Second Guessing My Weight Loss

1 Peter 2: 24 Who His [Jesus] own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Why do I find myself second guessing my weight loss time and again? I know that it was Christ who blessed me by allowing an 80+ pound weight loss and has kept the majority of it off for over 30 years. Why do I keep trying to find logical reasons for my daily weight loss or gain?

When I'm being honest with myself, if I am turning to God instead of to food, which becomes a false god in my life, the weight seems to fall into place. When I am turning to God instead of worrying over stressful things, the weight seems to fall into place. When I turn to God instead of becoming fixated on what others think of me, the weight seems to fall into place.

Knowing these things, why do I keep falling prey to these issues time and again? Although I can't tell you for sure, I think that Satan doesn't want us totally focused on Christ. In an attempt to work a wedge in our relationship with our Savior, he dangles tempting things like food, fills us full of worry and self-doubt, so that we might lose our close bond with our Lord.

I have been a sheep that's gone astray, and continue to do so periodically, but Jesus is always the Good Shepherd who brings me back into the fold, time and again. 1 Peter 2: 24 Who His [Jesus] own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. 25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: