Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Things Creep Up on Me and I Revert Back to My Old Overeating Ways...

Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. Luke 7:47

I must be loved much, because God is always having to forgive me for one thing or another. You would think I would learn. I do, kinda, but then things creep up on me and I revert back to my old overeating ways!

There was a day when we were out-of-town, I didn't have access to much food throughout the day. The things that were available to me weren't the things that were good for me, so I just nibbled. That evening, we went to the grocery store to get things for dinner to eat in our hotel room. Of course, I bought a big bag of tortilla chips for my husband. Sure!!!

That evening after I had eaten an appropriate amount, I sat down with that tortilla chip bag and ate almost half of the extra large sized bag. Now on their own, tortilla chips are not that bad of a snack. They are made from whole grains and don't have sugar or additives, but regardless-a half bag of something isn't good for anyone!

I tried to figure out why I did this. The best I can figure out was that I felt deprived when there hadn't been much I could eat earlier. I must have been overcompensating for this by eating all those tortilla chips. I feel terrible that I didn't lean on my Lord for solace when I was feeling this way. I just grabbed the bag of chips for comfort. Sometimes, I think that God has moved me forward beyond the pull that food has on me. Then, Satan sneaks in and tempts me with my old weaknesses. Fortunately for me, God picks me up and sets me straight after situations like this, with renewed focus on His guidance and comfort in my life-not the comfort that my food used to give me. Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. Luke 7:47

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: