Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Feeling Guilty Again About Clothes...

Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall He not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Matthew 6:30.

I'm back to feeling guilty again about clothes. I went through this when I lost the 80+ pounds over 30 years ago. Since I've lost the majority of the 27 pounds I gained back, my clothes are starting to hang on me. My husband is very supportive and tells me that I look nice in the clothes, but I don't want to look like a "bag lady."

Although this isn't where I thought this post was going to lead me, I realize that there are more insights in this post for me than I thought. What does it matter if I look like a "bag lady?" God can use the efforts of a "bag lady" to do His will the same as He can anyone else. I really thought that this whole post was going to be more focused on not being so tied in to clothes and the disproportionate importance they can have in our lives. Instead, I'm feeling like God is telling me that although I try not to focus on clothes, I'm still judging others by what they wear. Wow! This is a real eye-opener for me!

Am I worried that others might not accept me if I don't look a certain way? Am I worried about standing out like a sore thumb? What comes to mind is John the Baptist who lived in the wilderness and ate locusts. He worked mightily for God and did not worry about what he had to wear. Have I deceived myself all these years into thinking that I wasn't focusing on clothes, when I really was? I'm sure going to have to be prayerful on this one and let God move my heart in the direction I need to go.

After I thought I was done with this post, God had some additional insights for me. It has more to do with not needing a lot of clothes to do His work. I am able to go through what I have and find decent things to wear. Instead of spending the money I would have spent on new clothes, I can take that to donate to others who haven't much, especially in light of those who have lost most of their belongings through acts of nature. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall He not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Matthew 6:30.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: