Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Should I Let Others Take My Enjoyment Away?


I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high. Psalms 7:17

Having been overweight for a large part of my life, I have difficulty doing anything in public that draws attention to me. That includes singing. If I'm in church and I'm singing and people turn around, I feel like I must have done something wrong. Now, is this thinking logical? Probably not. I remind myself that I used to be in choir in school when I was younger. My voice couldn't have been that terrible if I was in choir. Somehow, I still feel uncomfortable singing in front of others.

I love singing in the car. Sometimes I have the music in the background, but make up my own lyrics to God. Actually, it's very exhillerating and I get a lot of enjoyment from it! Singing is a form of prayer. The thing is, I found myself not singing in the car when I think others can see me doing it. It goes back to my overweight insecurities of drawing attention to myself in public. I find that I only tend to sing my prayers to God when I'm on a long trip and not many people are on the road.

Should I let others take my enjoyment away? When I stopped to think about this while I'm writing this, I realize that it really isn't the other people who are taking my enjoyment away. They probably don't really care if I sing in the car or not. It has more to do with my insecurities of drawing attention to myself.

If singing my prayers to God, gives me that much pleasure, why do I let that overweight kid inside of me hinder something that makes me feel extra close to God? It's really something I need to turn over to God. This whole post is an eye opener for me. I hadn't really ever thought that much about any of this, but this is what I was supposed to post. So, God has this post for me...and for you if you let anything take your enjoyment away. I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high. Psalms 7:17

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: