Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Milking My Relationships with Others

 Do not take advantage of the widows or the fatherless. Exodus 22:22 NIV Bible

Although I haven't taken advantage of widows or the fatherless, there have been times when I have milked my relationship with others for various reasons. Sometimes it's just to get on their good side. Sometimes, it's because I wanted something from them, their knowledge or a favor from them. The thing is, I feel terrible about ever having done this!

The Lord Jesus teaches us that even though we have sinned, we don't have to continue doing those things. So, although I don't always realize when I'm doing this, that I should immediately turn this over to the Lord God's gracious hands to heal me of my ulterior motives!

I don't like it when others take advantage of me, why should I think it's O.K. for me to do so to others? What really hurts my heart, is that I sometimes try to take advantage of Christ. I use my faith in Him, to ask special favors that benefit me.  In Jeremiah 49:11, it says: "Leave your fatherless children, I will keep them alive. Your widows can [also] depend on Me." The thing is, there is a big difference related to depending on the Lord and trying to take advantage of the Lord. I don't want to cross those lines, but I'm fearful that I have in the past. Oh, Lord, I am prayerful that You heal me of milking relationships with others, but especially with You!!!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: