Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Prayers and Automaticity!

 If anyone turns a deaf ear to My instruction, even their prayers are detestable.  Proverbs 28:9 NIV Bible

When I was an teacher, they told us that we needed to teach our students to the point of Automaticity. That's so when a student sees the math problem 6 x 8, they automatically know the answer is 48, without asking themselves, what is 6 x 8? They don't have to stop and get a mental picture of 6 groups of 8, or calculate it on a piece of paper, they just know it automatically from all their practice with their math facts.

So, although automaticity may be great with math facts or learning the capitals of all the states, it's not always so great with prayers, at least, for me. Sure, it's helpful to know  how to say the Lord's Prayer, by heart, but it's not always conducive to saying a sincere prayer!

I have rambled through the Lord's Prayer, and wasn't even sure of which parts I had already said and which parts still needed to be said. That only happens, when I'm not totally focused on the words I'm sharing with the Lord. I may be thinking of what I needed to buy at the store for tonight's dinner. The thing is, Jesus Christ thought enough about each and everyone of us, to give His life as a ransom for our sins. I need to be much more mindful of my prayers to Him, and not rely on automaticity to speed me through my prayers! I am so sorry Lord!!!!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: