Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Fat Chance!

I have seen something else under the sun. The race [won] is not to the swift, or the battle to the strong. Nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant, or fave to the learned. But time and chance happen to them all. Ecclesiastes 9:11 NIV Bible

Well, for many years  I thought I'd have a "Fat Chance" of ever losing all my weight, but I was most definitely wrong! The Lord God had another idea in mind! He didn't allow the weight loss of over 80 pounds, until I had learned that food and the thought of having a thinner body had become a false god to me. I was turning to food for comfort all those years in times of stress, etc. instead of putting these issues in Jesus Christ's capable hands. Once I learned this, my whole life, my food, and my eating changed.

When I turned to Jesus with my problems, I no longer had the feeling like I wanted to eat the doorknobs off. That's what I call the feeling when I had a gnawing feeling within my stomach and thought I was sick, or it was upset.  I would get something soothing to eat like pudding or ice cream. When, I still had that gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach, I would find something else to eat, but that never solved it, because I was turning to food for comfort instead of turning to the Lord God.

By the time I tried to rectify my gnawing feeling, I REALLY was sick to my stomach by then, and nauseated to boot! When I turn to the Lord with my concerns, joys, worries, etc., I no longer have that gnawing filling in the pit of my stomach that can't be satisfied. Of course, since I'm human, there are times where I start slip-sliding into old patterns, but fortunately, the Lord shows me what's happening, so I can turn even that over into His All Capable Hands, as well!


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: