Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Those Who Try to Undermine Us

They were trying to frighten us, thinking, "Their hands will get to weak for the work and it won't be completed." But I prayed, "Now strengthen my hands." Nehemiah 6:9 NIV Bible

There have been times over the many years of a Christian Overeater Past and Present, that some people try to undermine my efforts. I'm not sure it's always deliberately, but possibly it is, at times. But really, it's not their intentions that matter, it's what we do when they try to talk us into doing things that aren't in our best interest!

There are the times when some I care about say, "It will be O.K. if you have an ice cream," after I've told them that it messes with my blood sugar and I often get what I call the: 'Cranky Crabbies' the next day when my blood sugar drops.

I wish I could say that I always pray and ask for the Lord God's help, like Nehemiah did when people were trying to undermine the Israelite's work rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem, but when I do pray, the Lord God gives me the strength needed to withstand that temptation!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: