Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Why Can't I?

 Peter asked, "Lord, why can't I follow You now? I will lay down my life for You." John 13:37 NIV Bible

Although this doesn't match up with this verse, but I often find myself asking the Lord God,  "Why can't I?" "Why can't I eat like other people do?" "Why can't I just be thin, rich, and popular?"

Well, if I ate like other people do, it wouldn't be healthy for my particular body. Sure, some people can eat anything thing they want, and as much as they want, and they're still thin! But that's not the way the Lord God made my body. There have been many times where I've realized that if I hadn't been so overweight all those years, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to experience the miracles Jesus Christ did in my body, my life, and my faith, by allowing me to loose 80+ pounds and keeping the vast majority of it off, for over 30 years. Not only that, but if the Lord hadn't made all these changes in my life, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to share so many of these with blog viewers. I believe that the Lord God is able to utilize even the negative things that have happened to us, to help empower others to know the love of the Lord.

To address the other Why can't I questions: if I were to do what it takes to be rich and popular, I wouldn't always be the Christian example that the Lord God wants me to be. If I were rich, it's all too easy to get caught up in that life style and always want more and newer things! If I were popular, sometime in order to keep your status within a popular group, you have to either overlook your Christian ethics, like not judging or looking down on others, or getting caught up in joining their actions. It's not worth getting the approval of people, rather than the approval of the Lord God. 

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: