Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Have I Been Found Wanting?

 Tekel: You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting. Daniel 5:27 NIV Bible

This passage seems soooooo very appropriate to me right now, although what I'll discuss isn't exactly what this verse is speaking of, but in some ways it is. So, the Lord has Daniel interpreting for the king, the writing that was written on the wall. So, Daniel basically tells the king, You've been basically put into a two-sided scale, but you fell short of having the full amount [you should be.]

Lately, we've been contemplating a major purchase, more out of necessity than just wanting it, but somehow my sinful human nature gets caught up in this purchase, more than I should be. Although I tell myself that worldly things aren't important, and the Lord God will provide what is needed in His timing. 

And I do believe this with all my heart, but do my action say that? Not really! Lately, I've found myself awake for hours in the middle of the night, contemplating the best purchase decision and ways to ensure that. When I type this, I realize this doesn't at all sound like I'm trusting the Lord to provide what is needed in His way and in His timing. I'm falling back into my old pattern, of trying to be in control of things, and trying to speed things along, so it happens sooner than later. I am humbled by this, because I'm not practicing what I believe, and I have been put into the scales and have been found wanting!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: