Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Not Being Surprised When I Don't Fit In

 They are surprised that you don't join them in their reckless, wild living, and they heap abuse on you. 1 Peter 4:4 NIV Bible

There used to be a time that because I was so overweight, I didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb, so I went along with things I really shouldn't have. I might have been with a group, when someone made fun of someone else for one thing or another, usually things they had no control of. Although I didn't agree, I was afraid to stand up for what I thought, because I didn't want them to heap on the verbal abuse on me instead.

It was all too easy to just fit in with the group, but the Lord has changed me heart. I have to admit, that I still struggle with standing up for others when people are making fun of them, but it's a work in progress. It's not always easy saying, "That's not a nice thing to say" or "I don't agree with you!" Fortunately, the Lord God doesn't give up on me, but continues to show me ways to stand up for those ostracized. 

You would think that being ridiculed for my excess weight for so many years, would have made me, even more sensitive to being treated like this. But the more I try to be aligned with what Christ wants of me, the easier it gets to stand up for others, regardless of whether I fit in or not!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: