Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Overs: Overeating, Overweight, Overcompensating

 If you do what is right, [won't] you be accepted? But if you don't do what is right, sin is crouching at your door, it desires to have you, but you must rule over it. Genesis 4:7 NIV Bible

Although this particular passages doesn't totally have to do with the topic of this blog post, it does tie in. I was overweight for a big portion of my life. The more I felt insecure about my weight, the more I overate. In doing this, I felt even more insecure, so I overcompensated for it in counterproductive ways! I used to try to be the nicest, friendliest person, willing to do favors for anyone I knew and some I didn't know very well. 

I thought that they would be so impressed with me for all I did for them, they would see through my overweight and find out what a wonderful person I really was. I thrived on what I call the "Good Debbie's." That's my ways of saying that I ate up all the compliments people gave me, just like eating up chocolates. Neither of which were very good for me! I eventually found that by overcompensating to hide my overweight from excessive overeating, I started getting taken advantage of. I found that I thrived on the 'Good Debbie's" so much, that I was willing to overlook this. But after a point, the Lord showed me that's not what He wanted for me. 

I heard from someone that in order to be walked on, you have to first lay down like a door mat. The Lord used this comment to lead me to prayerful contemplation about what I was doing with my friends, with others, and complete strangers. The Lord had it on my heart, that I was of value, not because of what I did for others, but because I was a child of God, regardless of my weight. The more I prayed about this, the more He showed me many ways that I had set up situations, that led to people treating me this way. With turning this inadequacy over to Christ's very capable hands, I started having more healthy friendships and relationships, and no longer needed to rely on overcompensating. I just needed to rely on the Lord! 

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: