Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Thanksgiving and Forgiveness!

 Psalm 130:4 But with You [Lord], there is forgiveness, so we can, with reverence, serve You. NIV Bible

As I think of Thanksgiving, I remember some that were very personally painful for me. I remember a former mother-in-law who walk around the front room on Thanksgiving, carrying trays of special treats to share that could tempt almost anyone! 

She would go to each person and say, would you like some of this? When she came to me, she didn't put the tray in front of me to choose a special treat, but walked right past me and made snide comments. I resented these insensitive remarks for years! The thing is, this resentment only hurt me inside.

I've had to get to the point that I could turn this hurt, pain, and resentment over into Christ's very capable hands and He gave me a release from these resentful feelings. When I prayed for the willingness to forgive this insensitive person, there was such a release of stress. When I let go of the resentment and forgave her, I could let the feelings of self-esteem into my life, instead of letting her remarks tell her who I am. Christ tells me who I am. I am a loved child of God!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: