Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Wait, Wait, Wait, and Still Waiting

 Job 7:2 Like a servant waiting for the evening shadows, or a hired laborer waiting to be paid... NIV Bible

I have been a Christian Overeater most of my life. I spent a large portion of my life waiting until I was thin, until my body looked better, until I had more prestige. Well, I wait, wait, wait, and I'm still waiting!

The thing is, I have been blessed by Christ showing me that I can turn my compulsive overeating, my stress, and my insecurities into His very capable hands. He allowed me to loose over 80 pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 40 years. Yes, I'm thinner, but not at the perfect weight according to the charts. Yes, my body looks much better, but I still have droopy body parts and bulges that remain. No, I don't have more prestige, but now it doesn't matter any more!

God has given me the self-esteem that seems much more important than having the perfect weight, than having a picture perfect body, or more prestige! He changed all of that, long before He allowed me to loose all the weight. He showed me that these things I waited for, became like false gods for me. When I gave up waiting for them and turned my focus to Christ and His will for me, my life took on a whole new meaning and my life went from always waiting to having a deep sense of calm that only Christ can give!


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: