Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

O Debbie of Little Faith...

And He said, "Come." And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth His hand, and caught him, and said unto him, "O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" Matthew 15: 29-31

There have been these times when God's led me in a particular direction and I've been reluctant to go. I was reluctant to put the book: Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life on line when someone from my church suggested it. I had a lot of prayerful arguments with God about that, but fortunately He won out!

You would think that I would learn, wouldn't you? So when God gave me the instinct to create the Christian Overeaters Past and Present blog, I again argued that I was too busy. I also thought people may not want to read about the miracles that God did in my life by allowing an 80+ pound weight loss and that He allowed the vast majority of it to stay off for over 30 years. Again and again, I doubted Christ each time He led me to create another blog and only reluctantly did so.

So, why is this significant? It may not be significant to you, but it sure is to me. When I read this Bible passage, it's like I'm reading O Debbie of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?  You would think that after all the many miracles that God has done in my life, I would be more willing to do His will to share what He's done. No, not me. I'm there digging my heels in and saying, "No, no! I'm afraid of this, that, and the next thing!" Fortunately for me, I have a very forgiving heavenly Father who loves and reassures me despite my many fears whether I'm a Digging My Heels in Christian or not. And He said, "Come." And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth His hand, and caught him, and said unto him, "O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" Matthew 15: 29-31

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: