Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Peace Which Passeth All Understanding

Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And The Peace of God Which Passeth All Understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

You don't know how many times that Christ has gotten me through difficult times through this Bible Passage. Additionally, He gets others through their difficult situations, as well. What do I mean by that?

Well, there was a time when my son was born and he had a serious condition and had to be rushed to a hospital 2 1/2 hours away to a big city to have emergency surgery the same day he was born. Everyone else had their babies in their arms, but I didn't. I thought about it and realized that normally I would have been a Devastated Christian with having my newborn son rushed hours away for surgery, but I wasn't. That's when I first realized that Christ had given me The Peace Which Passeth All Understanding. I knew that if Christ went to great lengths to give me this calm that only He can give in the midst of traumatic situations, that He would take care of everything. Knowing that got me through until I could go see my son.

It's happened various times in my life and I am so thankful for this special blessing that Christ has bestowed on me to know He is right there beside me through thick and thin. Now, when others are going through traumatic situations, I pray for God to give them The Peace Which Passeth All Understanding, as well. Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And The Peace of God Which Passeth All Understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.




Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: