Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Procrastination Has Been My Middle Name with the Lord

Proverbs 10: 26 As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard to them that send him. 27 The fear of the Lord prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Procrastination has been my middle name with the Lord. Unfortunately, there are far too many times when I've put things off when God has given me the instinct to do something for Him. I seem to find a million reasons for not doing what ever it is. "It's not a good time right now for them or for me. Later may be better, Lord." "They aren't really open to hearing about You right now, Lord." "Lord, how about when I'm not so busy with my own projects?" "Lord, you know that there have been these times where sharing my faith has seemed to make people push away rather than embrace a relationship with You. Don't You want to ask some other person to do this instead?" Well, you get the idea.

The sad thing is, when I was turning my food, body, eating, and control over to God, He didn't say, "I don't think this is a good time for you or for Me. Later may be better, Debbie." God didn't say, "You aren't really open to hearing about how I can take these away from you right now, Debbie." God didn't say, "Debbie, how about I take care of your overeating and weight when I'm not so busy with My own projects?" God didn't say, "Debbie, you know that there have been these times where sharing that you can turn your overeating and food over to Me has seemed to make you push away rather than embrace a relationship with Me. Don't You want to ask some other person to do this instead?" It sure makes me want to change my middle name to one that God can be proud of. I don't want to be a sluggard in God's eyes.  Proverbs 10: 26 As vinegar to the teeth, and as smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard to them that send him. 27 The fear of the Lord prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: