Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

God Used Negative Experiences to Work a Miracle in My Life

But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive. Genesis 50:20.

This is really when Joseph's dad, Jacob, died and his  brothers are afraid that he will be vengeful for having sold him as a youth. Joseph tell his brother that even though they meant him evil, God used that situation to His good, because God used Joseph to save the Israelites from famine.

As many of you know, I try to be open to ways to apply what I read in the Bible to my daily life. This verse reminds me of all those years I felt so terrible about my excess weight and it's effects on my sagging-esteem. Little did I know that God would use these negative experiences to work a miracle in my life to share with readers of this blog.

Hopefully, the insights that God has shown me in my life related to my overeating and my faith walk are used for God's purposes to bring about good. But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive. Genesis 50:20

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: