Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

God Evened Out the Playing Field

And the children of Israel did so, and gathered [manna-bread from God for the Israelites], some more some less. And when they did mete it with an omer [unit of measure], he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating. Exodus 16:17-18 

This passage may not seem significant to most overeaters, but it is to me, since I try to apply the Bible passages to my life whenever possible. The Israelites were supposed to collect an omer of manna for each member in their family. But there were some like me, who are fearful about running out of food, and tried to collect more than the allotted omer of manna.

Fortunately, God sees through us Sneaky Christians, and evened out the playing field. In His miraculous way, God made it so that those who tried to sneak more manna, ended up with the exact amount they were really supposed to take. Those who had smaller appetites and gathered less than the required amount ended up with exactly what they needed. No one had over what they should have had and no one had less.

Another thing that amazes me is that God knew what the Sneaky Christians had done. He didn't embarrass them in front of their peers like kids would have done if you took two cookies at school when everyone was only supposed to take one. Fortunately for me, God sees through my weaknesses and moves me to be open to the changes He wants in my life. And the children of Israel did so, and gathered [manna-bread from God for the Israelites], some more some less. And when they did mete it with an omer [unit of measure], he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating. Exodus 16:17-18 

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: