Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Food Used to Call All the Shots in My Life

When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the Lord thy God for the good land which He hath given thee. Deuteronomy 8:10

As a Christian Overeater, I apply this passage to my life in a somewhat different way. In the past, I used to eat and still feel hungry. That is because I turned to food to heal my aching soul in times of stress. Once I started putting those stressful feelings into God's very capable hands, I was able to eat a normal amount and feel satisfied/full.

It might not seem like a significant thing to most, but it was a major miracle in my life. Food used to call all the shots in my life. I spent most of my time figuring out what I was going to eat and when, whether it was splurge food or diet food. I became possessive and cranky over food and it's negative effects on my body and self-esteem.

Since Christ has taken over, and food is not the primary focus in my life any more, it no longer calls all the shots in my life. I pray that God does and that I'm open to His direction. So, for me, it is a real blessing to eat a normal amount and feel full. When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the Lord thy God for the good land which He hath given thee. Deuteronomy 8:10

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: