Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Beyond Our Faults and Shortcomings

But he began to curse and to swear, saying that I know not this Man of whom ye speak. And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny Me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept. Mark 1:71-71

This passage evokes so many different emotions in me. Mainly, I can identify with Peter, because I don’t always stand up for Jesus the way I should. This time, different things come to mind. (That’s one of the things I love about reading the Bible on a daily basis. Every time I read the Bible, it holds different meaning for me according to the message that God has for me at that particular time.)

This time, this makes me think about how Jesus sees far beyond all our faults and shortcomings. Jesus knew in advance that Peter was going to betray Him, yet He still loved Peter and saw the best in him despite his betrayal.  In Matthew 16:18-19 Jesus says, “And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

Jesus trusted Peter to build the church in spite of his betrayal and faults. If Jesus can see beyond Peter’s faults and shortcomings then He can see beyond mine. I am truly blessed to have such a forgiving Savior that sees the best in me and in you despite all our faults and shortcomings. But he began to curse and to swear, saying that I know not this Man of whom ye speak. And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny Me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept. Mark 1:71-71

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: