Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Being Insensitive to Others with Vices...

Matthew 18: 32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredest me: 33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thou fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? 34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. 

After I lost the weight, it would have been easy to blend in with others and laugh when they made negative comments about those who were heavy. At first, I realized how easy it could be to fit in with everyone else, but how could I do that? God has blessed me by allowing me to lose over 80+ pounds and keep the majority of it off for over 30 years. How could I forget what a blessing I have been given and turn my back on others who are still suffering through this? How could I forget all the pain I felt when people looked at me and turned their heads and snickered. How could I forget what it felt like when people ignored the things I shared and turned to others in the group, as if their ideas were much more credible because they were thinner? How can I forget the self-loathing and pain that comes with a low self-esteem?

Although forgetting may make life easier, remembering and showing respect to others with any type of vice helps me remember how blessed I truly am. It makes me remember that my Lord has forgiven me so much, but won't forgive me being insensitive to others with vices. In some ways, it heals my soul, the soul of the fat person inside of me whose self-esteem lags, at times. Matthew 18: 32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredest me: 33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thou fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? 34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him. 35 So likewise shall My heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: