Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Do I Really Want to Be Healed From My Overeating???

Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for Thou are my praise. Jeremiah 17:14

There are the days that I go through the motions of asking God to heal my overeating and focus on food, but do I really want to be healed from my overeating??? It sure would be easier to go to functions with others, and eat the same things everyone else eats rather than being prayerful about which foods work into my eating program and which don't. It would be easier to end up at the dessert bar carrying back a wide variety of pastries and treats rather than searching out fruits that I enjoy.

I guess there are fleeting times that I might wish I could eat the same things as other people, but it doesn't last for long, because it goes far beyond the simple taste of foods I enjoy. It has more to do with what I would be giving up for going back to letting food control my life. I would be giving up the self-confidence God's given me, since I've turned the control of food over into God's very capable hands. I would be giving up the respect of others that God's given me, since I've turned the control of food over into God's very capable hands. It's the even disposition that God's given mesince I've turned the control of food over into God's very capable hands. It's the balance in my life that God's given mesince I've turned the control of food over into God's very capable hands. But there's much more to lose than that...

If I went back to the way things used to be where food controlled my life, I might not have the same relationship with God that I have now, not that a person can't have a truly close personal relationship with God when they are overweight.  It's just that in this process of turning my life, my eating, my food, my finances, my stress, etc. over to God's very capable hands, He has freed me from so much more than my food and has given me so much more in exchange. 

I don't want to ever give up this Peace that God's given mesince I've turned the control of food over into God's very capable hands. It makes me feel like God is an intimate part of every aspect of my life. I just can't go back to what I had before, although it was a good relationship with God. I think that's why I panicked when I gained back 27 pounds of the 80+ pounds I had lost over 30 years ago. I was afraid that I was letting my relationship with God become sloppy the same way I was letting my food program become sloppy. I don't ever want to lose my close relationship with God. Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for Thou are my praise. Jeremiah 17:14

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: