Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Does My Losing the Weight Mean My Faith Is Stronger Than Yours???

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Is My Faith Stronger Than Yours?? No way!!! It may sound like I'm a better Christian because God had me lose the 80 pounds and not you, but that's not the case! It's not because my faith is stronger. It's not because I'm a better Christian. It's not because I do more for the needy. It's not because I have traits similar to Mother Theresa. It's not because I do a better job at anything. It came when I asked God to take care of my overeating and my control issues.

It may be difficult to understand, since many of you are very good Christians, much more pious than I may ever be. I was a Christian for over 25 years when this happened, but I never kept any weight off for long on any of the diets I had gone on, prior to this. It took me a long time to figure out why it happened then and not before. I had prayed for God to take care of my weight a million times before. So why now?

All I can figure is that I was so low at this point, that I totally gave up. What I actually said in that prayer is, "God, I can't lose the weight and I give up! If you want me to lose the weight then You'll have to do it because I can't." It was that very day that God had me stop craving sweets, eating between meals, start feeling comfortable with a normal portion of food, and start loosing the weight.  I guess that's the first time I totally turned my control and my eating concerns truly over to God.

To be honest, I really didn't think I was going to loose weight from praying this. I was really just giving up, but I think that is the key. I think prior to that, I prayed, God, help "me" lose the weight, help "me" stop overeating, etc. I wasn't totally turning it over to God before. That's why it is vitally important for me to turn my food, my eating, and my control over to God each and every day. When I get sloppy with this for long, as you already know, my weight and my self-esteem start to suffer from this. Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: