Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Don't Let People Tell You Who You Are...

1 John 4: 19 We love Him [Jesus], because He first loved us.
Well, with this said, that means that we, with all our failings, insecurities, and many vices, such as overeating, are lovable, just the way we are. I didn't always feel that way, though. There were times in previous relationships, where the other person made me feel worthless, undesirable, and fat, whether I was actually fat or not.

For a long time, when I was told these negative things, I thought they were true. I thought I was this worthless, undesirable, and fat person, whether I was heavier or thinner.  I kept this negative mental picture of myself in my mind and in my heart and it affected all my interactions with others and, probably, my relationship with God. I ate over the pain and felt fortunate to have someone who would put up with me and all my many failings. It took a very long time for me to heal from these interactions, but God heals all wounds when we turn them over to Him, for God loves me. He gave His very life for me, so I must not be such a miserable person after all. I must be a lovable person, deserving of respect and no less.

With God's healing touch, He led me to realize not to let people tell me who I am. I am worthy of love, positive relationships with others, and to be treated with respect, and that's what God wants for me. We love Him [Jesus], because He first loved us... (just the way we are.)

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: