Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Lord God Answered My Prayer

 So we fasted and petitioned our God about this, and He answered our prayer.  Ezra 8:23 NIV Bible

Although this doesn't exactly relate to what they were praying about in Ezra, the topic of this passage is very similar! In the last few posts that I scheduled for Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog, a common theme was coming up. At some point, in several of these posts, it came to mind that I need to be more prayerful about sharing my faith in Christ with others. 

Sure, I share my faith in Christ, with those who read any of the Christian blogs the Lord had on my heart to write, but that's sharing my faith in a relatively risk-free manner. I am doing this in the safety of my house, away from others who might look down on me for sharing my faith. It was on my heart that I needed to pray about being more open to take the risks to share my faith. So, I did, although I do have to admit and didn't consistently pray about it, but only every now-and-then. Fortunately, Jesus Christ listens all the time!

Interestingly, it wasn't something I planned out like: first I'm going to say this, then I'm going to say that. In the last few weeks, about five or six situations popped up when I was with others, where it was on my heart to share something about how the Lord God works in my life, related to my weight loss, related to how He works in my life, and gives me this sense of calm instead of self-loathing, etc. I don't really think I shared the self-loathing part, although I used to feel that way. I just shared the part about how Christ has given me this sense of calm in my life and what it a difference it makes. Although I was worried they might turn up their nose at me, they didn't. But even if they had, I should have been willing to take that risk, because Jesus Christ took such a BIG risk for me and for you, when He gave His life freely on the cross for us!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: