Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Praying on Behalf of Someone Else

 Isaac prayed to the Lord on behalf of his wife, because she was childless. The Lord answered his prayer, and his wife, Rebekah, became pregnant.  Genesis 25:21 NIV Bible

This wasn't exactly the same, but somewhat similar. I overheard someone describing a terrible on-going situation at their work, where this person continually felt harassed by someone in a position of authority, without any valid reason. 

I remembered a time about 40 years ago, when I worked with a supervisor like this. I tried so hard to please this supervisor, but she continually berated me, regardless of what I did. It stood in distinct contrast to my previous supervisor, who had been so supportive and who treated me with the respect any employee deserves. I found myself near to tears with the disgruntled supervisor! I didn't want her to see me crying, because some view it as a sign of weakness. So, I would go into the bathroom and cry quietly while I prayed. I would ask the Lord God to bless her and for her to feel His healing touch in her life. 

And you know what? Every time I would return from that bathroom, she would be less antagonistic toward me. Although I didn't share this with the person talking about the less than supportive supervisor, I realized that I could still pray the same thing for this person's supervisor, just like I did 40 years ago. So, I prayed for the Lord God to bless the supervisor and for her to feel His healing touch in her life. Although I may never know if it made a difference, the Lord God listens to our prayers and knows what's needed. It most certainly can't hurt, and it quite possibly might help!

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: