Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Lord, Don't Let Me Slip Through Your Fingers!

 The law of their God is in their hearts; [so] their feet don't slip. Psalm 37:31 NIV Bible

Since I wrote the previous post about trying to play God, I've had a lot of soul searching to do. I guess I become complacent and don't realize what my actions are really saying to the Lord. It's kind of ironic, since I have a blog titled, What Do Your Actions Say to Jesus? 

Anyway, today I was praying, Lord, don't let me slip through Your fingers!  I got to thinking about this. It's just like when I ate whatever I wanted, regardless that I knew how it affected my body, my weight, my moods, my self-esteem, and my family, but I would pray, God, please help me loose weight!

It's similar in both prayers, that I wanted to do whatever I wanted, but I put the burden on the Lord God, and He was supposed to make sure things turned out the way that I preferred. The Lord isn't Who would be letting me slip through His fingers! It's me and my arrogant, self-righteous attitude, thinking I know what's best, and I leave the Lord God to pick up the pieces. Christ has many lessons for me through all of this!!!! 

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: